Day In The Life

Happy Tuesday, friends! In the spirit of changing things up around here, I put together a 'day in the life' post for ya. I always love reading these, so I figured I'd write one as well. 

If you've been following my blog for a few months, you'll know that I was publishing 'what I ate this week' posts. But to be totally honest, putting them together was time-consuming. And taking photos of my breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks was sort of a nuisance (mainly because I don't always have my phone within arm's reach). Plus, there's no need to feel like a slave to your phone, right? Therefore, instead of blogging my weekly eats, you'll find more posts like these — random days in the life, including food photos and non-food photos. Here's a play-by-play of my Monday, which ended up being a rather unordinary work day. Enjoy. :) 

5:40am — I woke up, sans alarm clock, and decide to go to a vinyasa yoga class. I haven't practiced yoga in a few weeks, and exercising before work is not the norm for me, but I felt energized and ready to move my body bright and early. C'est la vie.

7:20 — Breakfast time! I prepped chocolate chia overnight oats on Sunday, so I had them with blackberries, pumpkin seeds, almond butter, and lots of H2O.

7:20-9:45am — Ate and started work

9:45am — I got hungry, so I had a piece of g-free toast with ghee and 1/2 an avocado with hot sauce. I also snacked on more berries.

9:45am-12pm — Mo' work. Then, I headed downtown to meet my friends / old colleagues (from Latvia!) for lunch. We went to Denver's new Milk Market. It was insanely busy, but I will be back. We all had poke bowls. Mine had brown rice, salmon, avo, and pickled veggies. The portion was on the smaller side (for my appetite, at least), so I knew I'd be hungry in an hour or so.

12:45-2pm — I ended up running some errands before chatting with clients. I needed some energy, so I grabbed a smoothie from Whole Foods with kale, banana, blueberries, protein powder, ginger, and almond butter. TBH, it was expensive. I also kicked myself for not bringing a reusable bottle with me. Oops.

2:30-6pm — Wellness with Edie clients, follow ups, emails, etc. 

6:30-9pm — Met friends at Denver's Barcelona Wine Bar for sangria and tapas. It's one of my favorite spots in Denver.

9:30pm — Came home and was feeling a bit hungry, so I had a couple of homemade cookies and more almond butter. I basically ate almond butter with every meal yesterday, ha.

10ishpm — Into bed, lights out. 

As mentioned, this was sort of an atypical Monday for me. I don't usually eat out that much — especially in the span of a day (to save $$$) — and I like to wind down before going to bed. However, thus is life. Being able to go with the flow is a far better mentality than sticking to rigid parameters and strict routines. :)

If you enjoyed this post, please let me know! Have a great rest of your week.