Healthy Super Bowl Mexican Dip
This post is sponsored by Lantana Hummus. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I only partner with brands that I truly love and stand behind. Thank you for supporting my blog!
We watch a lot of sports in our apartment.
Actually, I take that back. My husband would tell you that we watch a normal amount of sports in our apartment. If there's such a thing. ;)
If you were to ask him who his favorite sports team is, though, he'd probably fumble through his answer. Pun intended. Between the Buffs, the Broncos, the Dodgers, the Trojans, and the Lakers, there's plenty of sportsmanship to go around. You can bet that if he's not at work, and any of those teams are playing, his eyes are glued to the television. And, if the stars are aligned, there's also a game playing on his iPad. But, I digress.
Now, don't get me wrong — I enjoy watching sports as well. I grew up a loyal SF Giants, 49ers, and Wildcats (University of Arizona) fan. Nowadays, I mostly follow the Warriors and the Broncos. But, let's talk about the Super Bowl. This year, I'm not exactly cheering for either team, but I'm sure many of you are. So, to keep you satisfied during the game, and to entertain you during Justin Timberlake's half-time show, I made you a healthy Mexican dip. It's creamy, flavorful, and requires minimal effort. Win. Win. And win.
The star of the show (err, the MVP), is Lantana's Black Bean Hummus. It's absolutely delicious on its own, but I layered it with a few other Mexican-inspired ingredients. Et voilà, a hearty, crowd-pleasing dip. Feel free to make it a few hours ahead of time! You can store it in the fridge, then serve it as an appetizer for your hungry guests. It's naturally gluten-free, but you can easily make it vegan. Enjoy :)
- 1 cup of pico de gallo
- 1 cup of plain yogurt, sour cream, or vegan sour cream
- 1 cup of mashed avocado (1-2 avocados)
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (Mexican blend or vegan / dairy-free alternative)
- 1 container of Lantana's Black Bean Hummus
1. Layer the bottom of a 9-inch glass container or baking dish with the pico de gallo. If you don't buy this store-made, the recipe is simple: 1 medium chopped tomato, 1/2 a medium chopped yellow onion, 1/2 a chopped jalapeño — with or without the seeds, juice of one lime, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a pinch of sea salt). Be sure to drain any excess liquid from the pico.
2. Next, spread on the yogurt. Next, the mashed avocado. Next, the cheese. Lastly, the black bean hummus.
3. Store in the fridge and serve cold with chips or veggies.
If you make any of my recipes, please tag me (@wellnesswithedie) or use #wellnesswithedie on Instagram! That way, I can easily see your creations.